Golf Course Maintenance Services (GCMS)
Excellence in golf course conditioning…
Golf Course Maintenance Services Ltd is jointly owned by Carr Golf Services and is a leading and expending golf course maintenance company focussed on providing solutions and assisting golf clubs and business throughout Ireland to significantly reduce maintenance costs while improving the presentations standards of golf courses. The company is committed to improving standards by using the best products on the market and delivering an agronomic programme developed and tailored for each facility.
Over 10 golf courses, members and proprietary owned, are benefiting from GCMS’s unique approach and various solutions, which the Club owner or Committee play a key role in developing and adopting. In almost all cases we work with the existing team and Course Superintendent, sustaining industry employment in the industry by making savings through efficiencies rather than redundancies.
The GCMS team is headed by Gerry Byrne, Director of Agronomy, a highly respected course maintenance expert. Gerry has been responsible for the presentation of the golf course for 13 European Open's and the 2006 Ryder Cup Matches at the K Club. Gerry was technical advisor for the recent and successful Paris National bid for the 2018 Ryder Cup Matches. Gerry works closely with Iain Ritchie and the rest of the team, who bring a wealth of experience and professionalism to their roles.
Owners and committees retain control of their golf courses and asset with GCMS working with them to achieve their goals. Our services include;
• Developing an agronomic programme designed to improve standards and presentation while providing the costs savings required by the Club
• Overseeing the implementation of the programme to ensure quality standards are being achieved and the team are operating efficiently
• Leading the on site team in achieving the objectives set out by club owners / committees / managers
• Providing all of the materials required to implement the programme. GCMS uses only market leading products in each category and has a strict policy around using only amenity products
• Maintaining course maintenance equipment located at all of our client’s sites
• Providing additional equipment to the Club for the implementation of the programme, or temporary replacement of equipment in the event of a breakdown to ensure downtimes are kept to a minimum
• Providing additional / seasonal staff to Golf Clubs
• Training for staff to ensure they have the required skills and knowledge to effectively implement the programme and remain motivated
• Implementing robust environmental, health and safety policies to ensure compliance with regulations
Corrstown Golf Club
Dungannon Golf Club
Foxrock Golf Club
The K Club
Killarney Golf & Fishing Club
Lough Erne Golf Resort
Moyvalley Golf Club
New Forest Golf Club
Carr Golf Centre at Spawell